Today’s post is FOTD: Purple Eyes !!
I was wearing this look in my recent Youtube Video on Vichy Liftactiv Advanced Filler Review. I shared couple of my pictures as my story on Instagram also @trystwithvanillagirlblog. Some of you requested for makeup tutorial for this look. As I took enough pictures for the video thumbnail, I decided to do a quick blog post on the look I was wearing in the video.I hope you will find this post helpful. Also you need not to have exact products , you can experiment with similar shades you have in your existing vanity.
Keep reading here for the complete list of makeup used to create this look.
FOTD: Purple Eyes
Thoughts around this makeup look: I did Vichy Liftactive Advanced Filler Review Video on my Youtube channel in collaboration with Purplle.com. Purple was the color in my mind so I thought of creating wearable look with purple eyeshadows . As purple is vivid bright shade, as eyeshadow it drives the spotlight on eyes. So I kept rest of my face pretty subtle with rosy pink hues.Much reluctant,I tied my hair up in a ponytail as my youtube filming area has a fan. Open hair leads to tonnes of lipstick smears as the constant air current keeps my hair flying. Still by the end of video I had so many hair fly outs- excuse me for that!!
To tie the whole look, I applied MAC Lipstick Mehr but my makeup was looking flat with just Mehr on my lips. To add more dimension- I dabbed Inglot AMC Lipgloss 544 in centre of my lips. Inglot 544 lipgloss is highly reflective 3D rosy pink lipgloss . You can substitute it with any pink gloss you already have but I will insist you checking out this gloss when you visit Inglot Store next !!
I started with my Eyes makeup
- Deborah Milano 2 in 1 Eyeshadow base with Primer in Shade 4 (Review Here)
- Sephora 24 Eyeshadow Artist Color Box
- Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil Amethyst Spark (Review Here) ( Buy here)
- Sugar Eye Told You So ! Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner-Black Swan (Review Here) ( Buy Here)
- Faces Magneteyes Kajal (Review Here) ( Buy Here)
- L’oreal Paris Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara (Review Here) ( Buy Here)
- Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara (Review Here) ( Buy Here)
- Maybelline Fashion Brows Duo shaper Gray (Review Here)
After applying Deborah eyeshadow base in shade 4 ,I applied shades marked 1,25 and 3 in eye socket area to define my eyes. On Lid, I used shade marked 6 and to define the outer edge of my eyelid I chose aubergine eyeshadow marked 4. I used shade 7 on my brow bone and inner corner of my eyes.
On Lowere Lid, I used Colorbar I Glide Pencil Amethyst spark and smudged it out with a Q tip. Due to thin lash line, I always tighten my eyes and use two mascaras to define my lashes. As Mascara I applied first two coats with L’oreal Paris Miss Manga Mascara and final coat with Estee Lauder Sumptuous Lash Multiplying Mascara. I have tried different combination of Mascara but this caters best to the need of volume in my lashes. Finally groomed up my eyebrows using -Maybelline Fashion Brows Duo shaper -Gray.
For my face
I started with Natio Ageless Illuminating Primer and then applied The Saem Eco Soul Spau Gel BB Cream in two layers. I am in shade “Other”. I find it slightly paler for my complexion so I set it up with L’oreal Paris Mat Magique Roll On Powder in N6 which is tad bit orange on me.
- Natio Ageless Illuminating Primer
- The Saem Eco Soul Spau Gel BB Cream ( Bought from Indonesia)
- L’oreal Paris Mat Magique Roll On Powder in N6 ( Review Here)( Buy Here)
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in shade Medium ( Review Here) ( Buy Here)
- Faces Metaliglow Highlighter Champagne ( Buy Here)
- Makeup Revolution Iconic kit- Blush Bronze and Brighten- Smolder
- Nyx Powder Blush Angel ( Review Here)
On My Lips
I really loved the way this look turned out. For the neutral addict in me, this look was quite encouraging to experiment more with brighter eyeshadows. For those who requested for this look,I hope you find this blog post useful. If you have any queries please leave me comment in comment section.